Become a member of Concentus21
New members who share our passion for classical music are welcome to talk with our musical director about joining the orchestra. Our rehearsals take place on Monday evenings from 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM at the crypt underneath Canisiuschurch (entry through gate at Pulverturmgasse 11, 1090 Wien). The rehearsal schedule is kept up to date on the website Rehearsal schedule This contains all details regarding pieces and respective orchestration.
Prerequisites for becoming a member
If you want to play with us, you should fulfill the following requirements:
- have high proficiency in an orchestra instrument and have an instrument at your disposal (instruments in our orchestra are: violin, viola, cello, double bass, flute, oboe, bassoon, clarinet, trumpet, trombone, horn, timpani, percussion)
- regular participation in rehearsals on Monday evening 7:30 pm. according to the Rehearsal schedule is not an issue for you (regular participation is mandatory)
- regularly practice the repertoire outside of rehearsals (e.g. come prepared being able to play your part fluently)
- support our club by fulfilling the membership duties. This includes especially advertising for our concerts and bringing audience such as family, friends, colleagues etc.
- pay the yearly membership fee once you are a permanent club member
Trial Period with the orchestra
Unlike other orchestras we do not hold auditions as we value the ability to play together and participate in the orchestra as such higher than individual musicianship. So the process of becoming a member starts with a first discussion with the Musical Director or the Concert Master. If your previous experience fits and there is an open space in the according section we will invite you to a trial period. The trial period will end with the first concert in which you perform on stage with us. At this point the orchestra board will decide if permanent membership is offered. A positive decision will lead to you be able to become a club member (Vereinsmitglied) and have a permanent seat in your section.
If you are interested please fill out the form below, so we can get in touch with you.
Für das aktuelle Projekt mit Konzerten im Dezember 2022 suchen wir noch:
- 1. and 2. violins, violas, double bass
- oboe and basson
Der Einstieg für interessierte Mitspieler:innen aller Orchesterinstrumente ist ab Beginn der Proben im September für die Konzerte im Dezember möglich.
Please take note: depending on the concert program the active musicians might change and some instruments might not be needed for a particular concert. To understand if your instrument is needed for a particular concert and for when you could start your trial period, please contact our musical director.